Farmbox Home Delivery Software and Support for Local, Ecological Food
Ooooby provides grocery delivery software and support for farms and local food retailers to sell online and deliver to homes.
Real people selling real food on Ooooby
Built with you in mind
Ooooby is tailored exactly to the business of delivering fresh, local and ecologically sound food to customers.
Over 1 million transactions through the Ooooby system in the last 10 years.
The Ooooby system has been built by people who run box schemes to solve real world pain points.
We are committed to a decentralised ownership model ensuring that everyone benefits.
Veg box planning
Curate box contents that publishes to your site and customer dashboards.
Easily set your delivery zones and collection points.
Optimised delivery routes
Let the system determine the best route or easily set the route yourself.
Track your key performance metrics over time.
See below for much more...
- Pre-curated and/or customised food boxes
- Weekly or biweekly subscriptions
- Shop by categories including chilled items
- Supplier profiles
- Easy low cost online payment processing
- Set product origin location
- Produce masterlist with high quality images
- Product bundles
- Box labels and packing slips
- Pack by route or box type
- Route optimised delivery run sheets
- Home delivery and/or drop points
- Multiple delivery days
- Transaction history and activity notes
- Discount options
- Automated emails
- Search engine optimised
- Promo codes
- Sign up and cancelation surveys
- Automatic customer payments
- Credit card, debit card and direct deposits
- Order summary with units and avg transactions
- Finance summary
- Customer mapping
Our team brings 45+ years of experience of running local box schemes. We regularly act as a sounding board for our hubs, as they look to improve their operations and grow their businesses.
Our network of hub operators have many years experience of growing and delivering local food. We provide communication channels that mean they can share advice and best practice.
Watch this space
We are planning a suite of support services available, to help our network grow their businesses. Add your contact details here to be updated on developments.
How are we different?
- Trusted and recommended by a growing network of reputable farms and food hubs
Proven reliability - Over 1 million transactions successfully delivered through the system
- Tried and tested - Hundreds of small edge case solutions that come from experience
- Supportive - Helpful community of experienced hubs sharing knowledge and best practice
- Cost-effective - Payment gateway arrangement with very low rates and fast payment
- Stable and here to stay - Solid financial backing by reputable impact investors.
- Full customisation and modernisation of your website
- Supply services - we’re developing a network of suppliers to provide you with a broad range of products for your customers
- Marketing services - we’re working on a marketing strategy to help drive new customers to you
- Operational services - we’ll benchmark your operational efficiencies and help you identify best practices
- User-ownership plan - we’re decentralising our ownership model where you will be earning an ownership stake alongside fellow farms, food hubs and customers.
"The Ooooby platform has helped to streamline our business. I find the platform to be very easy to use myself when doing the admin. It’s a definite improvement on our old system."
"Ooooby is tailored exactly to the business of delivering fresh, locally sourced organic food to customers. We’ve already seen a steep rise in new customers without any marketing."
"We are really proud to be part of the Ooooby network. Pete and his team have been incredibly helpful in getting us up and running on the Ooooby system and our veg bag customers are loving it."
(contact us about reduced fees for monthly sales above £20,000)
• £350 set up and training fee
(20% discount to Better Food Trader members until 28th Feb 2023)
0.9% credit cards / 0.5% debit cards / £0.07 per transaction
Ooooby is committed to a steward ownership model where the users of the platform have an option to be stewards along with the team who build and manage the platform. We have not yet formalised the steward-ownership structure and legalities, but we have made a pledge to adopt a steward-ownership or user-ownership model in the near future.
Below is a description of steward-ownership
by Purpose Foundation
Steward-ownership is an alternative to conventional ownership that permanently secures a company’s mission and independence. Steward-ownership commits to two key principles:
1. Profits serve purpose and 2. Self-governance.
These principles will enable Ooooby to remain independent, purpose-driven, and values-led over the long-term.
— Profits serve purpose —
For steward-owned companies, profits are a means to an end, not an end in and of themselves. All the profits generated by the company are either reinvested in the business, used to repay investors, shared with stakeholders, or donated to charity.
— Self governance —
For-profit businesses are often beholden to the interests of shareholders who aren’t involved in the operation or management of the business. Steward ownership structures keep control with the people who are actively engaged in or connected to the business. Voting shares can only be held by stewards, i.e., people in or close the business, and the business itself can never be sold.
Real stewardship by real people
Now based in the UK, Ooooby started as a growers network in New Zealand in 2008 before launching a home delivery hub in Auckland in 2010 with the single focus of supplying households with food produced as locally as possible. As the number of hubs increased, in-house software was developed to deal with the real world pain points of operating a veg box scheme. In 2019 Ooooby sold the company owned hubs to the local operation teams and transitioned to a platform model, launching it's veg box software in the UK in 2020.
To find out more view the Ooooby FAQs.
CEO and Founder
Pete has the iron will to build a sustainable and fair food system. A serial entrepreneur with 20 years experience in the food industry, including running his own box scheme for 10 years.
Davy van de Vusse
Head of Product and Engineering
Davy is our chief engineer and has built every part of our software platform to date. Davy was an Engineering Manager at Xero.
Head of Partnerships
Seb is a leader in the sustainable food sector in the UK and has navigated the start-up phase of multiple food enterprises. He co-owns a local box scheme in Hampshire.